Protecting your private information and data is important to us.
I [the individual] consent and certify to Nectar NZ Limited and Nectar Trustee Limited, 18 High Street, Auckland Central, Auckland, 1010 (“Nectar“).
I certify that all information contained in my credit application or credit score request is true and correct. I also certify that, if applicable, I have the permission of my partner to disclose details of our shared income and expenses.
I consent to Nectar collecting, using and disclosing my personal information for the following purposes:
- Verifying any information that I give to you (or information that you may collect from other sources) with third parties and third party databases, including Government agencies (for eg. NZ Transport Authority, Motor Vehicle Register, PPSR).
- Carrying out credit checks on me with a credit reporting or assessment agency (credit agency) for a purpose of making a credit decision affecting me (including debt collection) or for the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing Terrorism Act 2009. This will require you to give my information to the credit agency as well as the credit agency providing information about me to you. You may also disclose my positive credit information (including repayment history information) to a credit agency.
- If I have requested that Nectar provide me with my credit score, I appoint Nectar as my agent for the purposes of retrieving my credit score from a credit agency, and providing me with my credit score. I confirm should I appoint Nectar as my agent to retrieve my credit score, and should I wish to opt out of the credit agency holding, using and disclosing my personal information for the purpose of providing credit reporting services to their subscribers, I will email nectar at email@example.com to opt out.
- Debt recovery including appointing an agent to collect any outstanding debts and listing defaults with a credit agency.
- Checking the Ministry of Justice fines database for any overdue fines I may have. This will require you to give my information to the Ministry of Justice. This check may be carried out by a credit agency, which will require the search results to be disclosed to the credit agency.
- Verifying any information that I give to you (or information that you may collect from other sources) with third parties and third party databases for the purposes of fraud prevention or the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing Terrorism Act 2009.
- Where I have voluntarily given you my driver licence information or passport information, this information may also be disclosed to a credit agency and the Ministry of Justice as part of the checks you undertake with them.
- Where necessary to fraud reporting agencies and to any person involved in enforcement of any agreement between Nectar and me.
- Where I have been referred to Nectar as part of Nectar’s referral program, notifying the referrer that a referral was successful.
- Where I have requested insurance cover to an insurer to enable that company to consider insurance cover.
- To make further finance offers, or offer other products and services from time to time.
- Unless I have opted out and in the event we cannot provide you a loan; Information gathered to assess your application, including your credit account data and identification details, may be shared with other financiers for the purpose of assessing your application. These companies may contact you directly to assist with your loan application.
I authorise any third party to provide my personal information to you for any of these purposes.
I understand and agree that if you disclose my personal information to a credit agency, they may hold my information on their database and use it for providing credit reporting and assessment services and for any other lawful purpose and they may disclose my information to their subscribers for the purpose of credit checking or debt collection or for any other lawful purpose.
I agree that Nectar may communicate with me via mail, email, telephone, sms, app for all purposes including general communications and promotions. If I am approved for a loan by Nectar I consent to documents required by law being sent by mail or in electronic form.