Feedback and Complaints

Nectar Trustee Limited (‘Nectar’), is required (pursuant to the Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution Act 2008) to have an external complaints process for handling complaints relating to their financial services and to publicise its availability. You can find our complaints process below.

Nectar Trustee Limited is a registered Financial Service Provider in New Zealand FSP694471 and is a member of the Financial Dispute Resolution scheme (FDRS) (#FM4050).

Please give us your feedback about our service or product

If you are dissatisfied in any way with our service or product we would love to know about it. We want to get it right for you.

If you have an issue and would like to make a complaint, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Nectar prides itself on its service and welcomes your feedback, including complaints.

Nectar will accept complaints made via phone, mail or email.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0800 855 888
Post: Nectar Trustee Limited, Complaints Manager, PO Box 105 787, Auckland City, Auckland 1143

If you would prefer, you can contact Financial Dispute Resolution Service in the first instance and they will coordinate the issue. FDRS can take/help you make your complaint. However, they cannot consider the complaint until we have had an opportunity to resolve it first.

You can contact Financial Dispute Resolution Service at:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0508 337 337
Post: PO Box 2272, Wellington 6140

Nectar Complaints Policy and Process

On receipt of your complaint we will:

  1. Acknowledge within two working days.
  2. Immediately investigate the issue and endeavour to have a decision letter to you within 10 working days.
    1. we may need to ask you for more information
    2. the decision will include a summary of the complaint, the outcome of the investigation and views of the issues raised.
  3. If you are not happy with the decision or have further information to provide us in support of your claim, you can seek reconsideration from us.
  4. If:
    1. we cannot reach a satisfactory resolution with you we will issue a Deadlock Notice, or
    2. you have not heard from us within 3 months from the date you lodged your complaint;
      you can take it up with Financial Dispute Resolution Service,, who will, if the issue fits within their jurisdiction, work with us both to seek an early resolution using their four step process The entire process is free to you.
  5. Alternatively you can take your complaint to another forum such as the District Court or Disputes Tribunal.